CLAT ADMISSION 2018 (IMPORTANT DATES & DETAILS)
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), is an all India entrance examination, conducted on rotation by 17 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate degree programmes. The 18 participating NLUs in the order of their year of establishment are:
01. National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
02. National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
03. The National Law Institute University, Bhopal(NLIU)
04. The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
05. National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
06. Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
07. Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
08. Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
09. Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
10. Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
11. The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
12. National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
13. National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
14. National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
15. Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
16. Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
17. Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
18. Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU)
19. Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad (MNLU)
|Name of Conducting Body:||CLAT (Common Law Admission Test)|
|City:||All India (Multiple Colleges)|
|Number of NLUs:||19|
|Eligibility :||Class 12th
(45% for Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons & 40% for SC/ST Category)
|Mode of Admission:||Entrance Test|
What Lawyers actually do?
A lawyers job is less exciting than what people perceive. A lawyer spends a considerable amount of time creating contracts, verifying documents etc. Lawyers need impeccable English as they must create and verify a lot of documents. A client needs the services of a lawyer when served with a lawsuit/ liability or when he/she enter into a contract with anyone. It’s a lawyer’s job then to ensure that the client interests are safeguarded.
What is LLB? What is the different Types of LLB? Am I Eligible?
LL.B. is a bachelor degree in Law. The expansion of LL.B. is Legum Baccalaureus (Latin). The bachelor degree started at the University of Paris. In India, The Bar Council of India regulates the LL.B. degree. Originally LL.B. was a 3-year degree to be pursued upon completion of graduation.
In 1987, however, the National Law School, Bangalore was established. NLS Bangalore then offered an integrated degree of BA and LL. B. called B.A. LL.B. Since then more integrated degrees have come about for e.g.
- Sc. L.L.B. (Hons.)
- B.A. L.L.B. (Hons.)
- S.W. LL.B. (Hons.)
- Com. L.L.B. (Hons.)
Duration: 5 years with 10 semesters and approximately 60 subjects.
What are the Top 10 Colleges of LAW in Delhi?
|College||University||Exam||Forms Expected in|
|1. National Law University||NLU||AILET||December|
|2. University School of Law and Legal Studies||GGSIPU, Delhi||IPU CET LAW||February|
|3. Amity Law School||GGSIPU, Delhi||IPU CET LAW||February|
|4. Faculty of Law||Jamia Milia Islamia||J.E.E.||April|
|5. Symbiosis Law School, Noida||Symbiosis||SET (LAW)||January|
|6. Vivekanand Institute of Professional Studies||GGSIPU, Delhi||IPU CET LAW||February|
|7. University of Petroleum and Energy Studies||UPES, Dehradun||UL-SAT||Available|
|8. Amity Law School||Amity University||———||December|
|9. Jindal Global Law School||OP Jindal Global University||LSAT-India||LSAT forms available|
|10. Ideal Institute of Management and Technology, Karkardooma||GGSIPU, Delhi||IPU CET||February|
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- General Knowledge
- Verbal Ability
- Legal Aptitude
- Legal GK